MOUNT MICHAEL BENEDICTINE SCHOOL
1. NO SCHOOL DUE TO LABOR DAY! Enjoy your three day weekend.
2. BOOKSTORE NEWS: Kick off the school year in style!
Visit http://mmbookstore.itemorder.com to order Mount Michael apparel. This special order website will be available through September 4. All items will be available for pick up at the bookstore at the end of September.
3. HOMECOMING WEEK: Mount Michael’s Homecoming Week begins Tuesday, September 6th-10th. There will be homecoming activities daily throughout the week concluding with the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, September 10th from 8:00-11:00 p.m. in the gym. The activities are as follows:
Tuesday, September 6th Student Dress: On the Farm
(Dress as your favorite farmer or farm animal)
Wednesday, September 7th Student Dress: Camouflage
7:00-8:00 p.m. – “SpiritFire” Bonfire
(Located southeast of the building site for the DJ Sokol Learning
for Life Building)
Thursday, September 8th Student Dress: Summer Olympics
(Dress as your favorite Olympian or in your favorite summer
Olympics sports attire)
All School Voting for “First Knight”
Cross Country at Wahoo
Tennis vs Elkhorn
Freshmen Football at Bennington
Friday, September 9th Student Dress: Spirit Day
(Dress in Mount Michael shirt or colors)
Pep Rally – 2:39 p.m.
Football – MM vs Nebraska City – 7:30 p.m.
First Knight Winner Announced at Halftime
Saturday, September 10th Homecoming Dance in the gym – 8:00-11:00 p.m.
4. FRESHMEN RETREAT: On Wednesday, September 7th, the freshmen will be on retreat at Boys Town. The bus will leave Mount Michael at 8:00 a.m. The boys can wear casual clothes and sneakers. No flip flops or sandals can be worn. Parents, we do need volunteers that day to help serve food or donate items. If you can help out, please click on the sign up genius below.
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0549acaf2a1-freshmen1 If you have any questions please contact Christy Crnkovich at email@example.com
5. CURRICULUM MEETING: A curriculum meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, September 7th at 10:01 a.m. All department chairs meet in the library.
6. SCHOOL MASS: On Wednesday, September 7th we will have our first school Mass at 10:01 a.m. All students report to the chapel for Mass.
7. WASHINGTON DC TRIP: Mrs. Toft will be leading a group of sophomore and junior students to Washington D.C. this summer through the Close Up Program. A parent informational meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 7th at 7:30 p.m. in the armory. An enrollment/information sheet is also attached.
Trip Dates: May 28-June 2, 2017
Trip Cost: $1787
What’s Included: Airfare, transportation in D.C., hotels, all meals, admission to all events, security
What’s Not Included: Snacks and souvenirs
What We’ll Do: Visit monuments, museums, and cultural events in D.C., meet members of Congress and explore Capitol Hill, participate in government debates and forums, and much more!
8. HOMECOMING T-SHIRTS & GLASSES: Items will be available for pick-up during Wednesday night visits on September 7th from 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. in the student dining room. Payment MUST be received PRIOR to delivery. Checks can be dropped off in Mrs. Raabe's office on Tuesday or brought to the t-shirt pick-up on Wednesday. Any items not picked up on Wednesday will be available in Mrs. Raabe's office on Thursday, September 8th. There are a LIMITED number of extra t-shirts and glasses available and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. DON'T MISS OUT!!
9. HOMECOMING DANCE: Mount Michael’s Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, September 10th from 8-11:00 p.m. in the Mount Michael gym and armory. This semi-formal event will cost $10 per individual or $15 per couple.
Parent volunteers are still needed to make the dance a success. If you can help out, please use the sign-up genius link. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0549acaf2a1-mount1?1471618202448
10. SAVE THE DATE: Mount Michael’s annual Grandparent’s Mass is set for Wednesday, Oct. 5th with Mass at 8:15 a.m. in the Mount Michael gym with refreshments to follow. All grandparents are invited to attend.
11. BOOK AND LAB FEES: All Mount Michael students have book and lab fees. If you have not made payment to the bookstore for book and lab fees, please do so at your earliest convenience. The link on the parent page of the Mount Michael website has an itemized list of fees at the end of the Textbook 2016-2017 document. Fees can also be paid online through the link on the parent page. If you have further questions, please contact Lisa Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org. A special thanks to the classes of 2019 and 2020! Nearly everyone in these 2 classes is paid in full!
12. CONCESSIONS SIGN UP: There are a few open slots yet to fill for concessions in October. If you are available, please use the link below to help support your MOUNT MICHAEL KNIGHTS! This is a great way to meet other parents, give back to the school, and meet your service requirement for the fall season! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090a4ca4a82da57-mount1?1471573793598
13. FALL FESTIVAL: Thanks to all who have signed up for the volunteer shift at Fall Festival! We are still in need of many volunteers to make the Festival happen! Visit http://bit.ly/2bUibBP to sign up for your slot ASAP!
14. YOU ARE INVITED: The Mount Michael Benedictine Community and Class of 2017 are sponsoring a presentation by Omar F. A. Gutiérrez, M.A., Manager, Office of Missions & Justice
Archdiocese of Omaha on the USCCB document "Faithful Citizenship." The presentation will be at 7:30 p.m. on September 21st in the armory.
15. HY-VEE RECEIPTS: We will be collecting Hy-Vee receipts again this year. The program runs September 1 through December 31, so save your receipts and send them to Christy Crnkovich for Cash 4 Students. If you have questions contact Christy at email@example.com.
16. CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
Mon., September 5
LABOR DAY – NO SCHOOL
Tues., September 6
Prayer and Announcements in the Chapel – 7:45 a.m.
Wed., September 7
Freshmen Retreat at Boys Town – 8:00 a.m.
Curriculum Meeting at 10:01 a.m. in the library
School Mass in the chapel – 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday Night Visits – 6:15 p.m.
Bonfire – 7:00 p.m.
Parent Information Meeting for Close Up Washington DC trip – 7:30 p.m. in the armory
Thurs., September 8
JV Tennis at Elkhorn – 4:00 p.m.
Varsity Tennis vs Elkhorn at Mount Michael – 4:00 p.m.
JV/V Cross Country at Wahoo – 4:15 p.m.
Freshman Football at Bennington – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, September 9
Pep Rally in the gym – 2:39 p.m.
Varsity Football vs Nebraska City at Mount Michael – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 10
Varsity Tennis at Fremont – 8:30 a.m.
Homecoming Dance in the gym/armory – 8:00-11:00 p.m.