Mount Michael Benedictine School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students.
Benedictine values encompass a broad range of concepts that are central to life within a Christian community. It is quite possible to literally perceive dozens of values that can be deemed as Benedictine in nature. This a testimony to the breadth of “The Rule” and communal life established by Saint Benedict.
There are many opportunities for students to get involved at Mount Michael. Some are competitive, some are participatory. In either case it is all part of getting a well rounded educational experience.
HOW TO BECOME A MOUNT MICHAEL KNIGHT
1. Complete an application for admission and pay the application fee. Applications received before December 8, 2023 are eligible to have the application fee waived.
2. Attend a Shadow Day at Mount Michael (optional, but highly encouraged).
3. Take the entrance exam on January 13, 2024. Only students who take the entrance exam at Mount Michael on this date are eligible for academic merit scholarships.
4. Undergo an admissions interview with the Mount Michael Board of Admissions. All students are required to complete an interview. If you are unable to attend an in-person interview, virtual interviews are available.
5. If a student is in need of financial assistance, they will indicate that on the Student Financial Agreement that is sent, following admittance, and complete the necessary documentation to be reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee.
Learn more about tuition and financial aid here.
Class of 2028
September 2023 – May 2024
Seventh and Eighth grade students may spend a day or half-day at Mount Michael. Overnight visits are also available so prospective students can get the full experience of what being a boarding student at Mount Michael is like. To arrange a visit, please fill out this form.
Sunday, November 12, 2023
Meet the faculty and student representatives at the Open House. Learn more about Mount Michael’s academic programs and dorm life. Application packages will be available at the Open House. If you miss the Open House, please request an application package by phone or e-mail and it will be mailed to you.
October 2023 – February 2024
Complete admissions application and financial aid application. It is not necessary to wait for the entrance exam before submitting the admissions application. Early applications are encouraged!
8th Grade Practice Exams
November 11th, 2023
December 9th, 2023
January 13th, 2024 – 8:30am – 11:30am
Saturday, January 20, 2024 – 8:30 am – 11:30 am
This date is also a popular option for 6th and 7th graders who want to get a practice exam in before taking it in 8th grade.
November 2023 – January 2024
Each applicant must complete an interview with a representative from the Mount Michael Board of Admissions.
January 23, 2024
Students with a complete application, interview and have taken the entrance exam at Mount Michael will be considered for acceptance on this date.